Planetary Transportation Systems is a German new-space company located in Berlin, whose aim is to democratise access to space and bring down the cost of space exploration. We are a privately held company and our goal is to show that it is possible to build a sustainable business in space exploration.
As well as delivering cheaper and more regular opportunities for academics, industry and educational institutions to conduct in-space research, we are keen to develop the infrastructure required for future settlement on the Moon and beyond.
If you want to have the chance to work on hardware & software, that will go to the space, then this is the right thing for you!
- You are involved in the entire development life-cycle including requirements engineering, software architecture and design, implementation, testing, maintenance and customer support
- You perform technical, systems engineering, management-level tasks
- You define the software system architecture based on the requirements and also derive software requirements from system requirements
- You prepare concepts and documentation for the project reviews such as a PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.
- You are involved in requirements, design and code reviews and additionally you contribute to the software development process and software development plan definitions
- You disseminate the knowledge and implementing the requirements of the space-relevant standards (ECSS) including the ECSS Software Product Assurance requirements
- You shall possess at least 4 years of experience in the development of flight software and embedded systems
- You have at least 7 years of professional experience in C/C++ development and a university degree in computer science, mathematics, aerospace engineering or equivalent experience
- You are experienced with real-time operating systems (RTOS), RTEMS, Embedded Linux, ARM, Xilinx Zynq, Microsemi/Microchip SmartFusion2, CAN/CANopen
- Furthermore you have already dealt with NASA Core Flight System or other space software frameworks
- You know space industry standards (ECSS and NASA) or equivalent standards from other industries: DO 178, ISO 26262, etc.
- Ideally you have experience with spacecraft busses like MIL-1553 and SpaceWire and also with spacecraft redundancy with hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) setups
- You should speak at least very good English
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Mobile working
- Collaboration in the discovery and colonization of the solar system
- Above-average vacation days
- Open culture and strong team
- Permanent contract
- Modern technical equipment
- Cooperation with well-known companies
- Personal responsibility & opportunities to help shape the company
- Flat hierarchies & promotion opportunities
- Advanced training & workshops
- Canteen, snacks & coffee
Please send us your CV and a cover letter as well as your salary expectations to Jobs@pts.space